Compass Model No.: Glycol Dehydrator
Application: Acid Gas Dehydration
Customer Objective: Acid gas injection from a new plant into a high pressure, sour, dry, gathering pipeline to be converted to pure sulphur at an alternate location. Target acid gas water content much lower than normal to suit pipeline operating conditions.
- Allowable outlet content of 4 lbs/MMscfd which is extremely low relative to saturation.
- Purification of inlet gas and glycol.
- Corrosion control.
- Minimize and control fugitive- and operator-induced emissions.
- Packed stripping column with 2-3 stages, hot stripping gas, maximum reboiler temperature, elevated circulation rate.
- 16 tray contactor with gas and liquid distribution and mist elimination.
- Fine filtration of inlet gas and rich glycol.
- 316/316L SS material throughout.
- Flange connections throughout, instrument isolation and vent throughout.
Major Equipment Specifications
- 20” OD S/S inlet coalescer
- 36” contactor with 16 high capacity valve trays
- 30” OD glycol flash vessel
- 26” OD glycol carbon filter
- 10” OD glycol particle filter
- 0.42 MMbtu/hr duty, BEM gas/glycol exchanger
- 0.65 MMbtu/hr duty, BEU lean/rich exchanger
- 48” OD reboiler
- 30” OD accumulator
- 16” OD still column
- 10” OD stripping column
- 14” OD, 1.2 MMbtu/hr natural gas fired flame arrested fire-tube
- (2) 100% 10 HP Rotary Glycol Charge Pumps, 8 USGPM @ 600 psig discharge pressure
- Lean glycol cooler, 0.11 MMbtu/hr, aerial type with 24” fan
Profire 2100 BMS