Compass Model No.: Process Equipment – Refluxed Stabilizer
Application: Liquid product vapour pressure and composition control
- Control top and bottom product vapour pressure and key component content to allow tank and bullet storage.
- Offload existing de-ethanizer to allow more plant throughput.
- Sweeten inlet liquid.
Design Challenges: Generate discrete product specifications at both tower top and bottom while condensing using air cooler. Eliminate hydrate formation on inlet level control.
Compass Solution: Reboiler and reflux system, cooling air temperature controlled condenser, inlet heater and feed/bottoms exchanger.
Inlet Flowrate Capacity: 2500 bbl/d (397 m3/d)
- 257 bbl/d (41 m3/d) Propane/butane mix
- 796 bbl/d (127 m3/d) Pentanes plus
Major Equipment Specifications
- 72” OD S/S vessel, Feed Drum
- 30” OD Stabilizer Tower with 30 valve trays
- 30” OD Reflux Drum
- 0.8 MMbtu/hr ‘NEN’ Feed Preheater (Hot Oil)
- 2.80 MMbtu/hr ‘BKU’ Tower Reboiler (Hot Oil)
- 0.545 MMbtu/hr ‘NEN’ Feed/ Bottoms Exchanger
Product Cooler / Condenser: AXH 96ZF Condenser/Product Cooler with hot air recirculation and heating coil.
Other Features: (2) 100% 5 HP Side Channel Reflux Pumps, Direct Drive with # 52 seal plan.Download/Print PDF