Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Provides operational leadership for the area. Responsible and accountable for the manufacture of parts and/or equipment; develops and implements production methods, schedules, procedures, and standards. Responsible for KPIs in cost, safety, quality, delivery, and people objectives as well as the administration of the AM routines. Effectively communicates, both verbal and written, with direct and matrixed reports. Provides daily direction, coaching, counseling, and leadership in a collaborative environment within the area.
- Provides daily operation plan within a designated area(s) in a plant operation to drive productivity, safety, and quality. Owns KPIs that highlight productivity and quality within the work cell.
- Sharp focus on direct labor productivity metrics to achieve high volumes of input at low cost through effective management of labor utilization, staffing, and overtime.
- Responsible and accountable for next-level planning and execution of products and projects assigned to the area. Proactively ensure all labor, materials, and Engineering is complete in advance of the scheduled build.
- Actively promote excellent customer service through example, training, and mentoring. Ensures commitments to customers are met.
- Actively looks for internal opportunities to identify and promote talent. Ensures that KPIs/metrics are established for all positions and maintains an open dialogue with Supervisors on performance and future developmental actions/requirements. Mentors, coaches, counsels, trains, and assesses employee performance; develops and implements required remedial action plans. Provides timely and objective feedback.
- Responsible for timely, accurate, and objective reporting of Area business performance. Proactively reports potential impacts to plan and develop remediation plans.
- Manage and accurately report plant operating standards and metrics for their area.
- Ensures Supervisors are trained and understand the intent, application, and importance of standards and metrics.
- Drives Compass Brand Promise. Acts as a role model for others to reinforce desired values and resultant behaviors.
- Develop and implement procedures designed to improve plant operations.
- Review and approve expenses related to plant operation. Explore opportunities for expense reduction.
- Applying Lean Manufacturing principles, submit recommendations for plant improvement when needed.
- Routinely conducts and leads Safety Huddles, Meetings & Debriefs. Attends all monthly safety meetings and Town halls.
- Requires employee to constantly type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership record in a supervisory role
- Experience leading and implementing change
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving & root-cause analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Requires employee to stand for at least 50% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, vendors, suppliers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including all-weather conditions & unairconditioned facility
- Requires work in a loud environment
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, and steel-toed boots, as applicable.
- The position requires travel 10% of the time
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.