Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing sizing, preliminary engineering, estimating, and technical support for gas processing and compression equipment (new units and retrofits). Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products, must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Will provide technical support to the sales process for the development of equipment, identify and estimate new product opportunities, and interface between customer needs and engineering scope.
Responsibilities – will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Process simulation and component sizing of gas processing equipment
- Performance and sizing of gas compression equipment
- Confirm availability of major equipment and critical path components, and reliability of suppliers to meet customers specifications and required delivery schedule
- Scope definition, specification review, cost estimation, preparation of detailed, accurate technical proposals
- Understanding of industry codes and market standards
- Assist service branches and technical support group with modelling and optimization of existing field equipment
- Functional interaction with process equipment division personnel on design, pricing and fabrication and construction issues.
- Interface with all operational departments including engineering and production during the project execution phase, transfer of scope definition and approval drawing assistance
- Maintain customer and vendor relationships, participate in clarification meetings as required
- Occasional site visits to gather package details needed for quotes
- Development of equipment and module design and pricing for use as standard product.
Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree, Engineering Technologist or other related discipline
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in gas processing / compression and fabrication / packaging considered a strong asset
- Able to develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Competent with computer software including VMGSim, industry specific OEM software, etc.
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.