Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking an Account Manager – US Operations
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team-oriented work environment.
Compass requires an Account Manager for our US Operations. Based in Oklahoma or Texas Panhandle area, this technical sales position is focused on developing relationships with Oil and Gas production, Midstream and EPC companies to attract and support sales & rental opportunities for gas compression and process equipment. This individual will establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base, a great opportunity for an existing Account Manager or Technical Specialist with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience
What You Will Do:
- Manage assigned oil & gas production, midstream and EPC accounts
- Attract and develop opportunities / inquiries
- Work with Branch Managers daily
- Communication for 100% job coverage
- Assist in developing appropriate solutions / quotations for opportunities
- Work with Branch Managers for invoicing and ensuring follow through on quotation(s) until job closes
- Liaise, as required, during engineering-design-construction period through to unit commissioning and operation
- Be available 24/7 for customer service needs and assistance
- Understand the decision-making process on an ongoing basis
- Develop relationships with key individuals at assigned accounts
- Develop and maintain a customer database for assigned accounts
- Develop ability to operate independently during sales cycle
What You Bring:
- Engineering Diploma or Degree is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of Gas Compression and / or Process Equipment experience is preferred
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency using basic programs such as Windows and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations
- Ability to coordinate, organize and present sales demonstrations and other sales related events
- Skilled at assessing client needs, developing proposals, and delivering solutions
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with decision makers, key business partners, and customers
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills, coupled with a consistent approach of honesty and integrity
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.