Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
The Applications Engineering manager is responsible for the hiring, mentoring and training of Applications Engineers and Technologists, ensuring quality support of sales and quality deliverables to engineering.
The Application Engineering group provides sizing, preliminary engineering, estimating, and technical support for gas compression equipment. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products, must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Will provide technical support to the sales process for the development of equipment, identify and estimate new product opportunities, and interface between customer needs and engineering scope.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Performance and sizing of gas compression equipment; confirm availability of major equipment and critical path components, and reliability of suppliers to meet customers specifications and required delivery schedule
- Scope definition, specification review, cost estimation, preparation of detailed, accurate technical proposals
- Understanding of industry codes and market standards
- Assist service branches and technical support group with compressor performance modelling and optimization
- Interface with all operational departments including engineering and production during the project execution phase, transfer of scope definition and approval drawing assistance
- Maintain customer and vendor relationships, participate in clarification meetings as required
- Occasional site visits to gather compressor package details needed for quotes
- Lead, mentor and support Applications Engineering team
- Develop and maintain department and corporate objectives
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree or Certificate in Engineering an asset
- Registered Professional Engineer or Technologist an asset
- 5 + years of experience in Gas Compression or rotating machinery and fabrication process considered a strong asset
- Able to develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and mentorship experience and skills
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Competent with computer software including Microsoft Office.
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.