Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
The Applications Manager is responsible for providing initial engineering and design, cost estimating, quote preparation and technical support for new and retrofit gas processing equipment. Working in conjunction with our Account Managers and Project Managers, the candidate will be the internal technical lead for the sales functions and support outside sales, detailed engineering and project management for Compass process equipment. A successful candidate working well with members of the Compass team, with supervise other Process Equipment Applications personnel as the needs and volume of work grow.
Responsibilities – will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provide mentorship and training to more junior members of the applications team, and to others within Compass
- Organize and contribute to the intellectual property of the company with respect to process equipment design, construction and operation
- Lead the applications engineering role in the initial and detailed project engineering phase for process equipment packages
- Process simulation and component sizing of gas processing equipment (dehydration, fractionation, dewpoint control, separation, etc.)
- Scope definition, specification review, cost estimation and preparation of detailed technical proposals
- Responsible for organization and content of information for detailed engineering from the front-end applications phase. Key in this transition is an effective kickoff period and communication of all project goals (technical and management)
- Confirm major equipment and critical path components, and reliability of suppliers to meet customer specifications and required delivery schedule
- Support front end engineering and design (FEED) for major projects including the proposal phase
- Maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Understand industry codes and market standards as well as ensuring such understanding among Compass personnel
- From an applications engineering perspective, assist in the development of design standards, design tools, equipment specifications, procedures and intellectual property development in the pursuit of company goals for the Process Equipment division
- Assist service branches and technical support group with commissioning, start-up, modelling and optimization of new and existing field equipment
- Interface with all operational departments including engineering and production during the project execution phase, transfer of scope and drawing development
- Develop equipment and module design and pricing for use as standard product
- Participate in preparation and training of applications engineers on process equipment sizing and estimating
- Assist compression group applications as required for load leveling, training, etc.
Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree, Engineering Technologist or other related discipline
- 12+ years’ experience in gas processing and compression equipment and facility design, construction and operation considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of regulator requirements for construction, installation and operation of process equipment
- Experience in development and management of technical teams.
- Willingness to work, participate, and get things done even with imperfect information and tight timelines
- Must be self-motivated and know how to balance team and individual goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Competent with software applications including process system simulators, industry specific OEM software, communication software, ERP’s, etc. Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above
Candidates who are qualified and interested in the above posting are encouraged to submit their resume to Human Resources at email@example.com