Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting to the Foreman of the Electrical and Instrumentation department this position is responsible for installing conduit and wiring for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
Responsibilities – will include but not be limited to the following:
- Read & interpret blueprints, select wire & conduit types according to specifications & codes for various devices
- Cut, thread, and bend conduit
- Pull wire and terminate wiring to various devices
- Perform continuity, voltage, and amperage readings and checks
- Fabricate and install various brackets and supports for conduit and equipment
- Troubleshoot simple electrical circuits
- Install and terminate CAT5 cable
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies.
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression.
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required.
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional.
- Participate in Compass Quality Control and Safety Program including accident investigations and inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd Year Electrical Apprentice
- Hands on compression industry experience a strong asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Electrical Codes and Quality Control procedures where applicable
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand, bend, and crouch for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.
Candidates who are qualified and interested in the above posting are encouraged to submit their resume.