Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN-1ST/2ND YEAR
Reporting to the Foreman of the Electrical and Instrumentation department this position is responsible for installing conduit and wiring for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
- Read & interpret blueprints, select wire & conduit types according to specifications & codes for various devices
- Cut, thread, and bend conduit
- Pull wire and terminate wiring to various devices
- Perform continuity, voltage, and amperage readings and checks
- Fabricate and install various brackets and supports for conduit and equipment
- Troubleshoot simple electrical circuits
- Install and terminate CAT5 cable
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies.
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression.
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required.
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional.
- Participate in Compass Quality Control and Safety Program including accident investigations and inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Education, Skills and Requirements
- Experienced Apprentice who is close to Journeyman Status
- Hands on Compression Industry experience a strong asset
- Must have own tools as per the Compass Tool List for Tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding of Electrical Codes and Quality Control procedures where applicable
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand, bend, and crouch for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, and lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures and outdoor work in all-weather required
- Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.