Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Based out of our Clairmont location, the Apprentice Mechanic will assist with the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Conduct preventative maintenance activities and identify parts for replacement. Assist with commissioning and start-up of new equipment.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment; such as engines & compressors.
- Perform repairs, modifications, and new parts installations on existing equipment
- Inspect and test mechanical units, diagnose faults and malfunctions, repair and replace mechanical units, test and adjust equipment to manufacture specifications
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, per the schedule and work instructions provided.
- Participate in the installation of new plant equipment
- Repair / install pneumatics, hydraulics, and structural framing
- Provide detailed record keeping and present detailed daily time sheets to customers
- Research information and follow-up with manufacturers to keep apprised of current practices and techniques, prevent recurring performance issues, increase reliability and efficiency of equipment
- Provide input and recommendations to Head Mechanic regarding mechanical information for equipment purchasesUtilize proper tools necessary to perform maintenance & repairEnsure the service center is clean and presentable
- Strong promoter of the Compass Vision, Mission, and Values
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, placing high priority on safety of one’s self and others, and abide by the companies safety policies and procedures
Education, Skills, and Experience
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Good communication, organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems as required.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, blue prints, and structural diagrams as required.
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork including commissioning and start-up reports.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps.
- Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide solid work references.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.