Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking an Apprentice Mechanic that will assist with the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Conduct preventative maintenance activities and identify parts for replacement. Assist with commissioning and start-up of new equipment.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment; such as engines & compressors.
- Perform repairs, modifications, and new parts installations on existing equipment
- Inspect and test mechanical units, diagnose faults and malfunctions, repair and replace mechanical units, test and adjust equipment to manufacture specifications
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, per the schedule and work instructions provided.
- Participate in the installation of new plant equipment
- Repair / install pneumatics, hydraulics, and structural framing
- Provide detailed record keeping and present detailed daily time sheets to customers
- Research information and follow-up with manufacturers to keep apprised of current practices and techniques, prevent recurring performance issues, increase reliability and efficiency of equipment
- Provide input and recommendations to Head Mechanic regarding mechanical information for equipment purchases
- Utilize proper tools necessary to perform maintenance & repair
- Ensure the service center is clean and presentable
- Strong promoter of the Compass Vision, Mission, and Values
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, placing high priority on safety of one’s self and others, and abide by the companies safety policies and procedures
Education, Skills, and Experience
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Good communication, organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems as required.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, blue prints, and structural diagrams as required.
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork including commissioning and start-up reports.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps.
- Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide solid work references.
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.