Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking Apprentice Pipefitters, for both day and night shifts. Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand this position is responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly, installing process and utility piping systems for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman, Lead Hand and Coordinator
- Clean, organize, and sweep the work area and yard as required
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Move parts and prepare materials in a safe and competent manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Use of basic hand tools and power tools such as drill press and band saw.
- Assist with light welding, grinding, cutting, drilling, tapping and fabricating brackets
- Fork lift driving and crane operation
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Lead Hand/Coordinator
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe health & safety policies and procedures at all times
- 3rd and 4th Year Pipefitter- Read and interpret blueprints, select pipe sizes, types, and materials such as supports according to specifications, fabricate supports for clamping pipe
- Assemble and install process spooling, fit and install threaded socket weld pipe according to specs using welding and threading joints
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- Indenture with Alberta Apprenticeship Board
- Compression industry and rigging experience
- Must have own tools as per the Compass Tool List for Tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures: CWB, ASME, ABSA where applicable
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.