Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a B-Pressure Welder / Vessel Fitter for our night shift. Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand of the Vessels/Spooling department this position is responsible for providing skilled, high quality, B Pressure welding for the fabrication of vessels while working within time frames and maintaining quality standards.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or welding process specifications
- Follow all welding procedures as required
- Proficient in the set-up and operation of welding machines and relevant equipment
- Understand and participate in the Quality Control Program
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- Journeyman Welder with a valid B Pressure Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in vessel fabrication
- Must have own tools as per the company tool list for Tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures: CWB, ASME, ABSA
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.