Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry.
We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning!
Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Data Entry Clerk.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining customer platform(s) by entering new and updated account information.
- Preparing source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Establishing entry priorities.
- Processing customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolving deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the Service Manager for resolution.
- Entering customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Verifying entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Testing customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data.
- Securing information by completing data base backups.
- Maintaining operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
- May help with the Parts Department – inventory and purchasing
This position will fluctuate hours between to 20 -30 hours/week and the schedule can be flexible. This position is not eligible for benefits.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Data entry experience or related office experience
- Organization skills
- Quick typing skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer savvy
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.