Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting directly to the Design Supervisor, this position will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Senior Project Designer to produce the detailed 3D Models and drawings required for each individual project. The Intermediate Designer shares responsibility for project schedule, accuracy of the models and drawings with the Project Manager.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Read, understand and interpret project quotes of one, or multiple projects
- Read, understand and interpret project / production schedules of one, or multiple projects
- Produce detailed and accurate P&ID flow drawings
- Developing the 3D models of the package
- Produce detailed and accurate 2D drawings for fabrication
- Follow established company Engineering / Design standards
- Accountability for dimensional accuracy of all models and drawings
- Accountability for maintaining drawing schedules
- Report weekly design schedule dates for production meeting
- Work closely with project manager to ensure accuracy of scope
- Liaise with fabrication shop, purchasing and third parties to ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Helping to develop and maintain company design standards.
- Communicate effectively to the Design Supervisor and Project Manager any known job discrepancies, issues or problems that would affect model and drawing accuracy or drawing schedules.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology Graduate (or)
- Process Piping Technologist Graduate
- Solid Works 3D and AutoCAD Software knowledge an asset
- 1-3 years project design or related experience
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong communication skills
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.