Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Designer. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Engineer to produce the detailed 3D Models and drawings required for each individual project. The Senior Designer shares responsibility for project schedule, accuracy of the models and drawings with the Project Engineer.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Follow industry and established Company engineering/design standards
- Read, understand and interpret project quotes of one, or multiple projects
- Read, understand and interpret project / production schedules of one, or multiple projects
- Translate project scopes into working process flow diagrams
- Design pressure vessels per ASME Section VIII, Div 1 utilizing Compress software
- Size pressure relief valves and depressurization systems per API 520/521
- Produce detailed and accurate process flow drawings
- Developing the 3D models of the package
- Produce detailed and accurate 3D model and 2D drawings for fabrication
- Review models and drawings for accuracy
- Accountability for dimensional accuracy of all models and drawings
- Accountability for maintaining drawing schedules
- Report design schedule dates/updates
- Work closely with project engineer to ensure accuracy of scope
- Prioritizing project workload to ensure drawing dates are met
- Liaise with fabrication shop, purchasing and third parties to ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Helping to develop and maintain company design standards and associated documentation
- Manage any known project changes, discrepancies, issues or problems that would affect model and drawing accuracy or drawing schedules
- Accountability for adhering to the project budget for design hours
- Coaches, mentors and guides other project designers on best practices in line with the Company and Industry standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree, Diploma or Technical School Training in ME, EE, Computer Aided Design Technology or related field
Required Experience and Skills
- 10+ years designing reciprocating natural gas compression packages
- Strong working knowledge of ANSI B31.3 and ASME Section 8 Div. 1
- Proficient in CadWorx, Autocad and Vault
- Strong creative mechanical and structural design ability
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Proficient in SolidWorx
- Working knowledge of power generation or offshore oil and gas
- Familiarity with the COMPRESS software tool
- Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
- Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.