Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Compass is recruiting a Designer based out of our Frontier location. Reporting directly to the Design Supervisor, this position will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Project Manager to produce the detailed 3D Models and drawings required for each individual project. The Designer shares responsibility for project schedule, accuracy of the models and drawings with the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Read, understand and interpret project quotes of one, or multiple projects
- Read, understand and interpret project / production schedules of one, or multiple projects
- Translate project scopes into working (First Draft) process flow diagrams
- Produce detailed and accurate process flow drawings
- Developing the 3D models of the package
- Produce detailed and accurate 3D model drawings for fabrication
- Follow established company Engineering / Design standards
- Accountability for dimensional accuracy of all models and drawings
- Accountability for maintaining drawing schedules
- Keep current drawing traveler record
- Issue and retain drawing transmittals for all drawing submissions
- Work closely with project manager to ensure accuracy of scope
- Prioritizing project workload to ensure drawing dates are met
- Liaise with fabrication shop, purchasing and third parties to ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Helping to develop and maintain company design standards.
- Communicate effectively to the Design Supervisor and Project Manager any known job discrepancies, issues or problems that would affect model and drawing accuracy or drawing schedules.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology Graduate (or)
- Process Piping Technologist Graduate
- Solid Works 3D and AutoCAD Software knowledge an asset
- 2 to 5 years project design or related experience
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong communication skills