Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and drawings of various electrical systems including power generation/distribution, building electrical systems and heat tracing, intrinsically safe & non-incendive wiring systems. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Electrical Engineer will be part of a highly skilled team of Project Managers/Engineers, and Designers responsible for project execution.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Understanding and implementing project scope and client specifications
- Sizing and selection of system components
- Authentication of all electrical system drawings, ensuring their accuracy and completeness
- Interface with sales, applications engineering, project management, design, purchasing and fabrication/operations.
- Produce electrical design calculations and assist with electrical design cost estimations
- Lead development of standard electrical design practices
- Develop and oversee the generation, review, and authentication of drawing packages for client projects
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Degree combined with oil & gas industry related experience
- APEGA practicing P.Eng in good standing
- 5 years’ experience with industrial and hazardous area electrical design
- Experience with power generation, oil and gas equipment, motor drives, instrumentation and controls an asset.
- Hands on collaborative approach with design and fabrication
- Excellent communication skills that promote long-term mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to positively influence, negotiate and manage conflict
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.