Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd.
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Job ID: GP-PartsTech
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position will be based out of the Grande Prairie location and will support the Northern Alberta Field Service Group. Working with the area supervisors and service technicians, you will help to source, ship, and receive parts in a timely and cost effective manner to help with the day to day operations. Additional duties will include the appropriate paperwork for correct billing procedures, assist in addressing supply chain issues, inventory, and service and overhaul parts lists, and implementation of best practices in sourcing alternatives, and maintenance of company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities: will include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents as necessary
- Track acknowledgement of vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of order.
- Liaise with Field Service Technicians and Area Supervisors to source and procure required parts and equipment for field jobs ad shop jobs.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions
- Track and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Negotiate and prepare documentation for material returns to vendor.
- Assist accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with development of the Purchasing and Inventory Management system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Parts Manager.
- Receiving and stocking inventory in the warehouse
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Journeyman Parts Technician
- 2 to 5 years of Natural Gas Compression experience is required
- Industry vendor portfolio and relationship a strong asset
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of parts and inventory experience in an ERP environment.
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Office, and Navision
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration with others, managing change, and negotiation skills
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Forklift Certified
- On-call required on a rotational basis
- Overtime hours may be required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
- Knowledge of Waukesha, Cat and Superior engines.
- Knowledge of Ariel and Gemini natural gas compressors.