Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd.
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Reporting to the Regional Parts Manager with direction from the branch parts personnel, this position will be responsible for the daily shipping and receiving of parts in our new facility based in Clairmont. These duties include receiving, signing for and components delivered, and ensuring the smooth and accurate flow of paperwork. Wrapping and securing parts for delivery Compass.
Duties and Responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Ship and Receive parts ensuring that all parts are received and proper paper work is completed and forwarded as per company procedures.
- Pick parts for jobs as they come up and ensure the right parts are sent on the field jobs.
- Maintain records of Shipping Reports, put away stock orders, ensuring parts are in the correct bins.
- Drive the company truck to pick up or drop off items, call shipping companies to ensure timely pickups.
- Work closely with parts department to ensure parts required are on shelves.
- Maintain organized area for parts and shipping and receiving.
- Identify and problem solve warehousing issues, assist in the traceability of materials on sales orders
- Assist with general labour duties as requested by the supervisor or others.
- Wear PPE at all times, observe and participate in the HSE program, policies and procedures
- Participate in the quality control program.
- Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Forklift training and experience.
- Able to read, write, and understand English, able to understand and process paperwork as required.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft Office and Nav.
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs on a regular bases.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with potential for large amounts of OT
- Must be able to work independently and be motivated to work with other branch departments
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.