Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking Field Service Supervisor based in our Weatherford, Oklahoma branch.
What You Will Do
The Field Technician Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs the Mechanical Field Technicians and parts as requested by the customer. This position also assists Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure products consistent with established standards are being produced.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Directly supervise assigned Mechanical and Electrical Field Technicians
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Communicate directly with the customer and provide support as required
- Prepare work orders as required to fulfill customer needs
- Troubleshoot Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical systems with customer and/or Compass personnel
- Ensure company safety programs and all other documentation requirements are met by the technicians in their care
- Travel to customer locations
Assist the Branch Manager in the supervision of the Field Service team with:
- Safety training
- Assisting in the logistical requirement of new installations, service calls, and retrofits
- Conducting routine site checks
- When necessary, the Supervisor will be expected to assist in providing field service, 24-hour support, within the geographic area of responsibility
- Significant paperwork is involved in this process and all paperwork must be completed accurately and timely
- The Supervisor will be required to assist in the answering of any/all service calls after normal business hours and coordinating the on-call Field Technicians accordingly.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include
- 5+ years of experience within the oil and gas field
- Deep knowledge in Gas processes, Mechanic of Motor Compressors (Waukesha, Ariel, Caterpillar)
- 2+ years of experience supervising Field Technicians or equivalent
- Ability to provide timely and accurate reports and other related paperwork
- Ability to raise concerns in a constructive manner that maintains credibility and
- Strong organization and administration skills; including the ability to work independently and keep flexible work hours to best support field operations
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interpret technical drawings or schematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reacts well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong computer skills within Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of networking and networking equipment
- Working knowledge of electronics, as it applies to oilfield instrumentation
- High school education
- Dependable, flexible, organized, motivated, assertive, and able to work on a deadline basis
- Must have strong electronic and phone communication skills
- Willing to travel
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.