Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking Field Service Technicians!
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Directs, coordinates, and performs the job activities in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Takes initiative and fulfills duties consistent with company standards, policies, and controllable expense budget.
- Provides input to supervisor on personnel needed to provide timely and economical maintenance
- Provides information to the supervisor for the preparation of the planning of the location’s budgets
- Scrutinizes the job parts and supply inventory to minimize investment while maintaining a sufficient level to ensure proper job performance
- Takes any corrective action to ensure guaranteed operating efficiency of the equipment
- Ensures all personnel adhere to HSE protocol
- Completes the proper reports and actions required by the location’s operating policies including the supervision and completion of timesheets
- Provides the guidance and coordination required for the remedial repairs and major equipment overhauls and operation and support of manufactured equipment.
- Submits required service reports daily as well as all required job documentation and Startup documents upon completion of the job.
- Provides 24/7 coverage
- Works overtime and is available for on-call rotations. Overtime and on-call requirements include work after regular work.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- Deep knowledge of Gas processes, Mechanic of Motor Compressors (Waukesha, Ariel, Caterpillar)
- A high school diploma or an equivalent
- 4+ years of compression and generation process, production and equipment-related experience, and/or training
- Posses through knowledge of compressor and generation packages including all components and systems
- Main Competencies: Main Competencies: Team working, effective communications, analytical capability focus on planning and problem solving, customer focus
Preferred Training & Certifications
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand basic English.
- Customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
- Requires employees to frequently type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as a printer, copier, telephones, etc.
- Requires operation of heavy equipment, such as forklift on a rare frequency
- Requires employee to stand for at least 75% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 25% of the time
- Requires employees to constantly climb stairs or ladders to inspect, repair, and paint equipment as applicable. Must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including the use of mobile devices.
- Must be able to frequently lift at least 50 pounds.
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including extreme heat, extreme cold, unairconditioned facility, snow, sandstorms, sun exposure, and strong wing.
- Requires work in a loud environment
- Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, hard hats, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, and steel-toed boots, as applicable.
- The position requires to travel up to 90% of the time
- The position requires employees to drive 25% of the time
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.