Compass Energy Systems Ltd.
Field Service Technician / Natural Gas Mechanic
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunities for individuals who enjoy a team oriented work environment.
Compass Compression requires a Natural Gas Mechanic with Screw Compressor knowledge and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the gas compression industry. The ideal candidate must be a certified Journeyman HD/Automotive Mechanic or Millwright technician.
Duties and Responsibilities: will include but not be limited to the following:
- Experienced in the overhaul, maintenance and repair of Waukesha and Caterpillar engines as well as Ariel, Dressor Rand and Gemini compressors.
- Experienced in trouble shooting ignition panels and instrument panels.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in package start-up and commissioning.
- Combined Screw and Reciprocating compression experience would be an asset.
- Provide detailed record keeping and present detailed daily time sheets to customers.
- Recognize opportunities to improve service and manufacturing sales.
- Communicate daily with Branch Manager.
- High achiever/ skilled tradesman, dedicated to performing quality work in a timely manner.
- Place high priority on safety of one’s self and others and abide by the companies safety policies and procedures.
- Able to train and mentor junior employees in standard safe work practices and procedures.
- Have the ability to lead individuals and teams in Job Hazard Assessments and Risk Analysis.
- Strong promoter of the Compass Compression Vision, Mission, and Values.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Certified Journeyman Interprovincial HD/Automotive Mechanic or Millwright.
- Minimum of two years’ experience operating a field service truck in the gas compression industry.
- Prior certified engine or compressor training would be an asset.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps.
- Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and mentor junior workers.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide solid work references.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.