Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking an HSE Coordinator. Reporting to the HSE Manager, the HSE Coordinator will be responsible for the daily coordination of the health, safety, and environmental activities related to Manufacturing and Field Service. The HSE Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing administration and recordkeeping of the HSE programs, procedures, training, statistics, and activities in the US.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support Compass HSE Manager as required to achieve HSE department goals and apply Compass HSE management system.
- Promote HSE awareness, continue implementing Behavior-based programs, developing training and education materials.
- Provide HSE guidance, support, and coaching to all employees
- Ensure adherence to HSE Policies, Procedures, Practices, regulations, laws, and standards.
- Oversee the day-to-day Compass operations including Manufacturing and US field service.
- Collaborate on the development of HSE Procedures and Practices
- Collaborate on developing HSE alerts, weekly Safety Talks, and communications.
- Collaborate on the development of Job Safety Analysis and Hazards Assessments.
- Participate in the Incident Reporting and Investigation Process
- Ensure effective HSE orientations are provided to new hires, visitors, and contractors.
- Ensuring accurate HSE employee records, statistics, and documentation are kept.
- Responsible for ensuring SDS Books are updated
- Keeping operator’s HSE certifications and training updated for all US Branches.
- Participate in external auditing initiatives as required
- Follow up on the Behavior base program, keep records, and track corrective actions until closure.
- Support US service team with customer requests and HSE needs
- Responsible for Emergency preparedness, training, drills, CPR first aid efforts
- Administering frequent inspections of Safety equipment such as Eye wash stations, FA kits, AEDs, Fall protection equipment, ladders, Fire extinguishers, OH cranes, Spill kits, Gas monitors, etc.
- Collaborate on creating HSE reports, presentations, and statistics for the monthly Safety Committee.
- Keeping digital records, delivering training, updating training matrix.
- Assist in the education of all employees regarding Health, Safety, and Environmental company practices
- Collaborate on completing Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Environmental inspections as required by Permits.
- Coordinate waste management, storage, and disposal.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- High school /Associates degree in HSE field preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an HSE role with experience in the administration of HSE programs, comfortable delivering HSE training, workshops, and meetings, and collaboration with key stakeholders for the implementation of HSE initiatives.
- Intermediate knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation/Regulations
- Experience with manufacturing facilities, Oil and gas, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT or field service operations preferred.
- Familiar with Pre-employment tests and Industrial Hygiene tests is a plus.
- Builds and Maintains Effective Relationships through Integrity.
- Experience working with 3rd Party Compliance and Registries would be an asset
- Exceptional commitment to maintaining the confidentiality
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff, visitors, and government agencies
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Strong planning, organization, time-management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Advance Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to handle frequent walks around the working areas.
- Fluent ability to speak, read and write in English (Bilingual in Spanish preferred)
- Requires employee to stand for at least 50% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 50% of the time
- Requires employee to occasionally climb stairs or ladders
- Must be able to communicate with, and respond to others, in person, and on the telephone
- Must be able to occasionally lift at least 10 pounds
- Required travel no more than 25% of the time
- Requires work in both indoor and outdoor conditions
- Requires exposure to loud working environments
- Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments.
- Must wear required PPE, including fire retardant clothing, hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety footwear, as applicable
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.