INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT ANALYST
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Located out of our Frontier location, Compass requires a part time Infrastructure Support Analyst. This position is responsible for the network and server infrastructure and technical support of business applications across multiple client with diverse requirements.
Responsibilities –Will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Applicant must ensure high availability of all critical systems and network infrastructure by use of monitoring and support tools and best practices
- The documentation, analysis, implementation, testing or modification of network infrastructure based on user or client design specifications.
- Server installation, maintenance, documentation and support. Email troubleshooting and support
- Application installation, maintenance, documentation and support.
- Network maintenance, documentation and support including support of the mobile technologies, iPhone/iPad/Android/Blackberry including Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Network and server performance monitoring and analysis.
- Server and Application security maintenance and review.
- Research and Development for key IT infrastructure and strategies.
- Ensure redundancy and stability for all critical systems.
- Ensure data protection and recoverability for all supported systems.
- Escalate/communicate issues and concerns as necessary.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for system availability and client support
- High level of security and performance controls
- Must work independently and in a group to manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
- Relevant Information Technology Education is required
- Experience working with Microsoft operating systems, system administration, and system security experience.
- MSSQL Server database administration skills a plus.
- Experience with VMWare, Exchange, Nutanix, Active Directory, SharePoint, EPDM, Solidworks, AutoCAD, MS Dynamic Navision is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise level anti-virus, intrusion detection, SPAM control and similar core systems control products is preferred.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office
- The ability to manage specific tasks as projects both independently and as directed by management.
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.