Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking an Instrumentation Tuber for our night shift. Reporting to the Electrical & Instrumentation Foreman, the Instrumentation Tuber is responsible for installing process and utility instrument systems for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, select tube and fitting sizes, types according to specifications, fabricate brackets, trays, racks and supports for instrument devices.
- Assemble and install instrumentation end devices and controls such as (but not limited to) heater controls, I/P’s, regulators, transmitters, etc.
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems of instrument lines using pressure gauge or other methods.
- Measure and mark tubing for cutting and bending.
- Cut, thread, fabricate as required using power and hand tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate instrument systems.
- Cut or bore holes in structures such as bulkheads, decks, walls or mains for tube/fitting installation.
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies.
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression.
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required.
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional.
- Participate in Compass Quality Control and Safety Program including accident investigations and inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include
- Instrument technician apprentice or Journeyman
- Compression Industry experience an asset
- Must have own tools as per the Compass Tool List for Tradesmen
Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures: ASME where applicable
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.