Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass.
We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.Reporting to the Electrical & Instrumentation Foreman, the Instrumentation Tuber is responsible for installing process and utility instrument systems for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Read and interpret blueprints, select tube and fitting sizes, types according to specifications, fabricate brackets, trays, racks and supports for instrument devices.
- Assemble and install instrumentation end devices and controls such as (but not limited to) heater controls, I/P’s, regulators, transmitters, etc.
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems of instrument lines using pressure gauge or other methods.
- Measure and mark tubing for cutting and bending.
- Cut, thread, fabricate as required using power and hand tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate instrument systems.
- Cut or bore holes in structures such as bulkheads, decks, walls or mains for tube/fitting installation.
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies.
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression.
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required.
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional.
- Participate in Compass Quality Control and Safety Program including accident investigations and inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand.
- The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Journeyman Instrument Tuber 1st-4th year or Indentured Apprentice
- Compression Industry experience an asset
- Must have own tools as per the Compass Tool List for Tradesmen
Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures: ASME where applicable
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
- Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.