Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Compass is seeking a Project Manager for our Compression group!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with inside sales and process engineering to confirm equipment suitability for intended use.
- Aid in schedule development with Design and Production.
- Perform and confirm detailed sizing of process equipment elements including valves, instrumentation, vessels, pumps, among others.
- Uphold company standard practices and guidelines to ensure consistency.
- Develop, review and approve flowsheets, models, and layout drawings for technical and operational suitability.
- Review and approve pressure vessel, piping, and structural element drawings for technical and operational suitability.
- Facilitate efficient execution with prompt and accurate response to inquiries from production personnel.
- Enable smooth field installation and start-up by addressing inquiries from customer personnel on installation site.
- Assist to develop and implement internal projects, department standards, and other projects as needed.
What you will bring:
- Engineering Technologist or Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta or jurisdiction(s) allowing reciprocal recognition by APEGA.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum 4 years of project engineering in a compression or process equipment manufacturing environment required.
- Project management experience in a rotating equipment and oilfield fabrication manufacturing environment a strong asset.
- Proven interpersonal skills and experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Describe and trouble shoot design intent effectively.
- Quick problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Competent current engineering Software, Microsoft Office products, and ERP software
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.