Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd.
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Intermediate Project Manager will keep project timelines and cost information intact while coordinating resources to ensure content meets company and customer expectations. Success in this role will be determined by timeliness and accuracy of deliverables to internal and external customers, client management, and margin maintenance.
Responsibilities: will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct sales binder scope/estimate review prior to kickoff meeting
- Collaborate with inside sales and process engineering to establish and confirm equipment suitability for intended use.
- Aid in schedule development with PM/Design/Production
- Schedule and chair sales kickoff meetings.
- Responsible for client interaction, cost control, technical direction, schedule maintenance
- Uphold and refer PM’s to company standard practices and guidelines to ensure consistency
- Review and approve fabrication drawings for technical and operational suitability.
- Review and approve flowsheet and layout drawings for technical and operational suitability
- Facilitate smooth fabrication and assembly phase by addressing inquiries from shop personnel.
- Enable smooth field installation and start-up by addressing inquiries from customer personnel on installation site.
- Work to develop and implement internal projects, department standards, and other projects as needed
Education, Skills, Requirements
- Engineering Technologist or Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of Project Management experience required
- Experience in detailed engineering of oil and gas process equipment
- Project management education is an asset.
- Proven people and employee relations skills and experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good written and oral communication
- Quick problem solving and conflict resolution
- Competent and current engineering software and Microsoft Office products
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.