Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting to the Manager of the Process Division, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will work with engineering and project management staff to develop, and take responsibility for the mechanical and thermal integrity facets of Compass’ process equipment. As well, contribution to the growth and continued success of Compass by assisting in sales and marketing efforts is an important part of the role. Success will be determined by timeliness and accuracy of deliverables to fulfill internal design and schedule requirements, and external customer requests.
Responsibilities: will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work with Manager of the Process Division and the Engineering Manager to develop economical pressure vessel, heat exchanger, piping and structural elements to be integrated into packages for use in the upstream and midstream oil and gas field processing.
- Provide input into Compass’ inspection and quality control programs for both engineering and fabrication
- Assist applications and sales engineers in proposing cost effective equipment designs that meet customer expectations.
- Mentor engineering staff, including applications, project managers and project engineers
- Continue to develop standard equipment designs.
- Collaborate with inside sales and process engineering to confirm equipment suitability for intended use.
- Review approve and certify pressure vessel, exchanger and piping drawings for technical and operational suitability.
- Review and comment on flowsheet and layout drawings for technical and operational suitability
- Assist project management functions by addressing inquiries from shop personnel.
- Enable smooth field installation and start-up by addressing inquiries from Compass service and customer personnel on installation site.
- Assist Process Division Manager and Engineering Director in internal projects as required.
Education, Skills, Requirements
- A Professional Engineer or Technologist with license, or ability to gain license, in AB, BC, SK
- Degree in Engineering, Applied Science, or Diploma in Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum 8 years in engineering and/or fabrication of oil and gas field or refinery process equipment.
- Knowledge of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASME Pressure Piping Code, TEMA exchanger codes, CSA B51, B52, and Z662 codes, and applicable ANSI and ASTM codes.
- Responsible for professionally certifying pressure containing components to the above codes
- Experienced in mechanical design and layout of modular field processing equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work in concert with overall proposal and fabrication schedules
- Comfortable working in a team environment with project engineers, project managers, production personnel, applications personnel, and sales personnel and as such, be collaborative and able to work through conflict.
- Know the value of good working relationships between coworkers, clients and suppliers
- Contribute to the positivity, productivity and camaraderie that is the culture and working environment of Compass.
- Competent Current Engineering Software and Microsoft Office Product
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.