Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Journeyman Mechanic who will maintain and repair mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Conduct preventative maintenance activities and identify parts for replacement.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Experienced in the overhaul, maintenance and repair of Waukesha and Caterpillar engines as well as Ariel, Dresser Rand, Worthington, Roflo, Frick, and Gemini compressors
- High achiever / skilled tradesman, dedicated to performing quality work in a timely manner
- Experienced in ignition and instrumentation panels would be an asset
- Knowledgeable and experienced in package start-up and commissioning
- Perform repairs, modifications, and new parts installations on existing equipment
- Inspect and test mechanical units, diagnose faults and malfunctions, repair and replace mechanical units, test and adjust equipment to manufacturer specifications
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, per the schedule and work instructions provided
- Participate in the installation of new plant equipment
- Repair / install pneumatics, hydraulics, and structural framing
- Provide detailed record keeping and present detailed daily time sheets to customers
- Research information and follow-up with manufacturers to keep apprised of current practices and techniques, prevent recurring performance issues, increase reliability and efficiency of equipment
- Provide input and recommendations to Head Mechanic regarding mechanical information for equipment purchases
- Recognize opportunities to improve service and manufacturing salesTrain and mentor junior employees in standard work practices and proceduresStrong promoter of the Compass Vision, Mission, and Values
- Ensure the service center is clean and presentable
- Able to lead individuals and teams in Job Hazard Assessments and Risk Analysis
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, placing high priority on safety of one’s self and others, and abide by the companies safety policies and procedures
What You Bring
Your education and experience include
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- Good communication, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems as required
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, blue prints, and structural diagrams as required
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork including commissioning and start-up reports
- Prior certified engine or compressor training would be an asset
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps
- Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract
- Ability to work well in a team environment and mentor junior workers
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Able to provide solid work references
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.