Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Journeyman Parts Technician.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare Parts Quotations for both sales and service orders.
- Answer parts sales calls and assist customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare and Submit purchase orders to approved vendors.
- Track and update open sales & purchase orders within the ERP system as needed.
- Prepare parts & documentation for inventory returns to vendor when required.
- Ensure cores for exchange product are maintained and returned to vendors within the time allotted and per vendor requirements.
- Liaise with the Service Department to source and procure required parts and equipment for field work and/or sales orders.
- Work with Field Technicians to ensure correct parts are billed or returned from work orders.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and support.
- Communicate any upcoming price changes or necessary parts updates from vendors to customers.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlogs, provide visibility of potential interruptions to Compass and/or customers.
- Demonstrate a high level of inventory control and maintain a clean & functioning warehouse.
- Participate in the preparation and counting of inventory annually or as required.
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
- Promote a positive and safe work environment.
- Assist with Shipping and Receiving as needed & load or offload freight trucks as required.
- Able to be part of an on-call rotation to support customers after hours.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- Journeyman or Apprentice Parts Technician
- Parts knowledge and inventory experience considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Office
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment if needed
- Interpersonal skills – Position requires regular contact with internal & external customers.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Experience operating a forklift (certifiable)
- Ability to lift up-to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
- Knowledge of Waukesha, Cat, & Ariel considered an asset.
- Knowledge of gas compression, power generation or heavy equipment considered an asset
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.