Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transition.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Junior Buyer
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Junior Buyer is responsible for ensuring items or services are purchased from specified vendors and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions while attaining maximum value for the company. This role will assist with supply chain issues and suggest best practices in sourcing alternatives and ensure delivery of materials on time and on cost to meet company objectives.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Accomplish purchasing activities by interfacing and processing using technology.
- Procure items and/or services from Purchase Requisitions generated internally.
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendors.
- Enquire with designated vendor for confirmation of system lead time, delivery date and cost.
- Prepare bid analysis reports to aid in the selection of preferred vendors.
- Procurement of engineering specified bill of material items on a project basis.
- Provide client requirements and specifications to vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents and necessary specifications required to meet the Quality Control Program.
- Procurement of shop supplies, tools and equipment based on above strategies.
- Track acknowledgement of order by vendor.
- Prepare, communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions to production.
- Expedite and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Liaise with Engineering and Production to resolve questions related to design or material supply.
- Prepare return documentation to vendor.
- Assists receiving and accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Prepare Non-BOM purchase orders within system as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Suggest strategies for the most cost effective supply of shop supplies, tools and equipment.
- Assist in development of strategies for cost effective supply of engineered products such as valves, pumps, instrumentation, and other bill of materials items.
- Assist in development of strategies for cost effective supply of commodities to support the Production floor.
- Assist with development of the inventory system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Purchasing Manager.
- Take all reasonable action necessary to carry out delegated responsibilities and ensure such actions do not deviate from established policies or conflict with sound business judgment.
- Adhere to Quality, Health and Safety requirements, company policies, ISO standards and directives.
- Ensure Health and Safety issues and concerns are reported and addressed.
- Work as a contributing team member, establish fair working relations and maintain a positive and professional attitude when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as requested/directed.
Skills & Requirements:
- Technical education in procurement or currently enrolled in a post-secondary program is preferred.
- Procurement experience is an asset.
- Experience in steel pipe, fittings, flanges, and structural steel is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft NAV.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Speed with alpha numeric / typing skills with high level of accuracy is required.
- Exceptional documentation, reporting and problem-solving skills required.
- Effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a natural tendency and determination to identify and solve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to think outside the box.
- Self-motivated and goal orientated.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities and execute tasks within set deadlines.
- Results driven attitude.