Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is looking for laborers with the potential of moving into a trade. Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand this position is responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly, assisting the tradesmen, and other laboring duties as assigned.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Clean, organize, and sweep the work area and yard as required
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Move parts and prepare materials in a safe and competent manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Use of basic hand tools and power tools such as drill press, band saw and grinders
- Assist with light welding, grinding, cutting, drilling, tapping and fabricating brackets
- Forklift driving and crane operation
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe health & safety policies and procedures at all times
What You Bring
Your education and experience include
- Education and/or Experience in Manufacturing an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean drivers abstract
- Material preparation, band saw experience, and drill press experience considered an asset
- Strong attention to safe work procedure
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time and working at heights
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperature inside and outside
- Forklift training and experience
- Able to read, write, and understand English
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.