1st Year Welding Apprentice
Compass Compression is recruiting for Labourers / 1st Year Welding Apprentices. Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand this position is responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly, assisting the tradesmen, and other labouring duties as may be assigned.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Material Preparation
- Clean, organize, and sweep the work area and yard as required
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Move parts and materials in a safe and competent manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Use of basic hand tools and power tools
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe health & safety policies and procedures at all times
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Education and/or Experience in Manufacturing an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean drivers abstract
- Material preparation, band saw experience, and drill press experience considered an asset
- Strong attention to safe work procedure
- Fork lift driving and crane operation
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperature
- Forklift training and experience
- Able to read, write, and understand English
Everything we do at Compass Compression is geared towards providing industry leading oil & gas process and compression products for our customers.
Established in 2001 and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Compass offers equipment designed for a wide range of applications including; Gas Gathering and Processing, Acid Gas, Vapour Recovery, Gas Lift, Storage, Separation, Refrigeration, Overheads and Solution Gas.
We complement our Process and Compressor packages with in-house engineering, quality fabrication, field services and retrofitting capabilities to ensure support throughout the project lifecycle.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.