Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Based at the Frontier location, this position reports to the Foreman and Lead Hand of the Structural Department and is responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly, assisting the tradesmen, and other labouring duties as may be assigned.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Clean, organize, and sweep the work area and yard as required
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Move parts and materials in a safe and competent manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Use of basic hand tools and power tools
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe health & safety polices and procedures at all times
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Interest and ability to move into an apprenticeship position
- Strong attention to safe work procedures
- Fork lift driving and crane operation
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.