Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Compass is recruiting for Labourers, for both dayshift and Nightshift. Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand this position is responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly, assisting the tradesmen, and other labouring duties as may be assigned.
Responsibilities- will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Clean, organize, and sweep the work area and yard as required
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Move parts and prepare materials in a safe and competent manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Use of basic hand tools and power tools such as drill press and band saw.
- Assist with light welding, grinding, cutting strut, pulling wire, drilling and tapping and fabricating brackets
- Fork lift driving and crane operation
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe health & safety policies and procedures at all times
- Education and/or Experience in Manufacturing an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean drivers abstract
- Material preparation, band saw experience, and drill press experience considered an asset
- Strong attention to safe work procedure
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time and working at heights
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperature
- Forklift training and experience
- Able to read, write, and understand English
Interested candidates can forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org