Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator this position is responsible for assisting with all building and equipment maintenance for our Calgary facilities.
- Complete preventative maintenance and repairs on the buildings including the following:
- Paint, repair, and restore drywall
- Assist with moving office furniture and supplies
- Light electrical and plumbing tasks
- Complete preventative maintenance and repairs on shop equipment including the following RTU’s
- Working with threaders, band saws, and welding positioners
- Perform checklist inspections and maintain records
- Overhead door, crane repair and maintenance
- Welding machine maintenance and repair
- Respond to and resolve maintenance calls in a timely manner
- Participate in Compass Quality Control and Safety Program including accident investigations and inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Journeyman or Indentured Apprentice in a relevant trade
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Must be able to provide own basics tools
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Data entry skills – some light data entry required
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures and outside in all-weather as required
- Experience with CMMS systems
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.