Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Millwrights – Journeyman and Apprentice
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunities for individuals who enjoy a team oriented work environment.
We are currently looking for two Millwrights (Journeyman & Apprentice) to join the Compass team. Reporting to the Lead Hand the Millwrights are responsible for providing skilled, high quality work for the fabrication of Gas Compressors while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
- Read and interpret blueprints and process specifications.
- Follow all procedures as required.
- Proficient in the set-up and alignment of equipment and operation of machines and relevant equipment.
- Understand and participate in the Quality Control Program.
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies.
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression.
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required.
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional.
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Journeyman or Apprentice Millwright
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Must have own tools as per the company tool list for Tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding of compressor packaging, operation and controls.
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.