Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Frontline leadership role encompassing ownership for the day-to-day operation of the area. Works with very little supervision in assisting the supervisor in managing their assigned area and employees, while also providing guidance and direction to other operators. Fully competent in all the operations in the supervisor’s area. Assist the supervisor in directing, planning, and organizing work force and schedules while promoting safety and production. Assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor when needed.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for the daily direction, coordination, and evaluation of designated area. Leads team members in regard to the organizations HSSE policy and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and promoting organization’s procedural requirements.
- Ensure that personnel are complying with required safety precautions and procedures.
- Processes daily work as prioritized by the supervisor and demonstrates quality behaviors through example in the workstations.
- Effectively tracks project cost and hours. Understands, communicates, and addresses the cost of poor quality.
- Implements actions to control scrap costs.
- Responsible for assigned work and/or projects.
- Has the ability to schedule work for others in the area.
- May provide training and oversight of others for specific tasks.
- Focus is daily production requirements while ensuring stock and product are effectively staged for the next shift or day.
- Has the ability to identify any potential “bottle necks” or roadblocks to complete scheduled work to Supervisor or Area Manager.
- Has the knowledge and ability to identify potential resolutions.
- Identifies internal operator talent.
- Has the ability to identify and deliver operator training.
- Acts as role model/influencer for other leads and employees.
- Responsible and accountable for performance of self and others assigned.
- Understands the importance and value of standardized work and reporting metrics.
- Routinely leads and participates in Safety Huddles, Safety Meetings and Debriefs.
- Ability to mix all types of paint systems and applies these to customer and company specifications
- Ability to sandblast equipment to customer and company specifications
- Completes all paint compliance logs
- Completes Dry Film Thickness (DFT) readings, Psychrometer readings and Surface Temperature readings
- Verify paint thickness and blast anchor patterns
- Requires employee to occasionally type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
- Requires frequent operation of heavy equipment such as forklift and scissor lift
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or technical education a plus
Required Experience & Skills
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand basic English
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with ERP Systems (Oracle)
- Experience in gas and oil field
- Requires employee to stand for at least 90% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 10% of the time
- Requires employee to frequently paint equipment, inspect equipment, climb stairs or ladders and must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance
- Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, suppliers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including all weather conditions & unairconditioned facility
- Requires work on loud environment
- Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions, stoop, kneel, crouch to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, steel-toed boots, as applicable.
- Position rarely requires travel
- Position rarely requires employee drive
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.