Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand of the Structural Department this position is responsible to ensures the safe operation of a band saw. Cuts steel stock to correct length and measurements.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Reads and interprets basic blue prints, shop drawings, sketches and work with other.
- Measure and cut structural steel on band saw to tight tolerance.
- Completes daily stock inventory reports.
- Maintains equipment and ensures work area is clean and safe at all times.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance on saw equipment.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures with applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Operates over head crane and use of forklift.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Knowledge of Structural steels
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate; experience using a band saw
- Trade tools, equipment, materials, tape measure, methods and techniques used in safe band saw operation.
- Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Prioritize, schedule, and review work.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.