Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we are proud of the exceptional team we have built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team-oriented work environment.
This Parts Supervisor will support and help develop the parts department for the Service group for Compass. You will work with the Parts Department, Service Coordinator and Field Mechanics to assist with the day-to-day operations.
Will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Parts Quotations for both sales and service orders
- Prepare and Submit purchase orders to approved vendors with appropriate supporting documents as necessary
- Receive and track vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of purchase orders
- Track and update open sales & purchase orders within the ERP system as required
- Prepare parts & documentation for return to vendor
- Ensure all cores for exchange product are maintained and returned to vendors within the time allotted and per vendor requirements
- Liaise with the Service Department to source and procure required parts and equipment for field work and/or sales orders
- Work with Field Technicians to ensure parts are billed or returned from work orders accordingly
- Maintain a high level of customer service and support
- Communicate any upcoming price changes or necessary parts updates from vendors with customers.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlogs, provide visibility of potential interruptions to Compass and/or customers
- Maintain and review parts margins within the branch in accordance with the Compass discount structure
- Assist with branch stocking levels to support day to day business
- Assist with pricing reviews and maintaining parts discount structures
- Oversee shipping and receiving within the branch
- Demonstrate a high level of inventory control and maintain a clean & functioning warehouse
- Lead quarterly cycle counts
- Participate and oversee inventory preparation for the year-end inventory count
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity
- Mentor and train staff for on job training
- Manage and promote a positive and safe work environment
- Load and offload freight trucks as required
Education and Experience
- Journeyman Parts Technician
- Experience and knowledge of natural gas engines and compressors preferred
- Must have a creative mind set and able to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work long hours if needed and be part of an on-call rotation
- 5 + years of parts and inventory experience in an ERP environment.
- Strong computer skills with a focus on ERP & Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration, managing change, and negotiation
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Experience operating a forklift (certifiable)
- Ability to lift to up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.
Candidates who are qualified and interested in the above posting are encouraged to submit their resume.