Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Parts Technician – Casper, WY
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendor.
- Prepare bid analysis reports to aid in the selection of preferred vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents as necessary.
- Track acknowledgement of vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of order.
- Liaise with Field Service Technicians and Area Supervisors to source and procure required parts and equipment.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions.
- Track and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Negotiate and prepare documentation for material returns to vendor.
- Assist accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with development of the Purchasing and Inventory Management system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Parts Manager.
- Receiving and stocking inventory in the warehouse.
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include
- Inventory management experience or education preferred.
- 3 years natural gas engine and compression parts experience preferred.
- Strong relationships with local customer base preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office required, and Navision preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration with others, managing change, and negotiation skills.
- Valid Wyoming driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements.
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.