Compass Compression Solutions
Compass Compression, requires a Parts Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities: will include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents as necessary
- Track acknowledgement of vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of order.
- Liaise with Field Service Technicians and Area Supervisors to source and procure required parts and equipment for field jobs ad shop jobs.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions
- Track and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Negotiate and prepare documentation for material returns to vendor.
- Assist accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with development of the Purchasing and Inventory Management system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Parts Manager.
- Receiving and stocking inventory in the warehouse
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Journeyman or Parts Technician
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation an asset
- Experience in a Compression manufacturing environment a strong asset
- Industry vendor portfolio and relationship a strong asset
- 2 to 5 years of parts and inventory experience in an ERP environment.
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Office, and Navision
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration with others, managing change, and negotiation skills
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
- Knowledge of Waukesha, Cat and Superior engines.
- Knowledge of natural gas compressors.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.
Everything we do at Compass Compression is geared towards providing industry leading oil & gas process and compression products for our customers.
Established in 2001 and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Compass offers equipment designed for a wide range of applications including; Gas Gathering and Processing, Acid Gas, Vapour Recovery, Gas Lift, Storage, Separation, Refrigeration, Overheads and Solution Gas.
We complement our Process and Compressor packages with in-house engineering, quality fabrication, field services and retrofitting capabilities to ensure support throughout the project lifecycle.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.