Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
The Parts Technician will report to the Service Manager and work closely with the area supervisors, technicians, and customers, to help to source, ship, and receive parts in a timely and cost-effective manner. This role will be a key part of the day-to-day operations. Additional duties will include ensuring the appropriate documents for correct billing procedures, assisting in identifying and addressing supply chain issues, inventory management, service and overhaul parts list, implementation of best practices in sourcing alternatives, and maintenance of company standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendor
- Prepare bid analysis reports to aid in the selection of preferred vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents as necessary
- Track acknowledgment of vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of order.
- Liaise with Field Service Technicians and Area Supervisors to source and procure required parts and equipment
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions
- Track and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Negotiate and prepare documentation for material returns to the vendor.
- Assist accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with the development of the Purchasing and Inventory Management system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Parts Manager.
- Receiving and stocking inventory in the warehouse
- Problem-solving in a decision-making capacity.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Inventory management experience or education preferred
- 3 years natural gas engine and compression parts experience preferred.
- Strong relationships with local customer base preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office required, and Navision preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration with others, managing change, and negotiation skills
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.