Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass requires a Project Engineer, Major Projects to take a hands-on approach in providing support to major facilities projects. You will work on developing project deliverables and coordinating with engineering disciplines, procurement, shop, quality and document control personnel during project execution.
Will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in developing proposals, cost estimates and other technical documents as required.
- Routinely perform detailed engineering calculations such as pressure drops, vessel sizing and major equipment sizing.
- Monitor & track project controls on an on-going basis – i.e. scope control, cost control, schedule control and risk mitigations
- Increased responsibilities include the following:
- Approvals/Checking (Drawings & technical Documents)
- Construction Support (respond to RFI)
- Review and stamp drawings as required.
- Interpret and apply applicable regulatory requirements to safely and successfully execute projects.
- Proactively manage deadlines and ensure appropriate communication is provided (to relevant parties) when schedule and cost conflicts arise.
- Champion and support the project change management process in the areas of design and field changes with typical Project Engineering Deliverables
- Lead the procurement of buy-out items & equipment packages from RFP to PO closeout
- Manage the development and delivering of responses from vendor, client and field RFI’s
Education and Experience
- Engineering degree in a related discipline or technical diploma from secondary institution
- Eligibility for registration as a P.Eng. or P.Tech
- 2 years relevant Gas Processing Facility Design
- Project Management education and experience
- Able to communicate, understand, express and apply basic technical, business concepts.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Decision and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities.
- Accepts coaching, knowledge and support from more experienced staff.
- Highly proficient in MS Office including MS project
- General Knowledge of ASME B31.3 and CSA Z662
- Competent Current Engineering Software and Microsoft Office Products
Candidates who are qualified and interested in the above posting are encouraged to apply.