Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
The role of Project Manager is to ensure the success of the project from the Project Kickoff through to unit commissioning. Success requires the package ready to deliver on time and within budget without compromising quality or excellence in customer service. This is a technical role where Project Managers partner with the Design, Purchasing, Fabrication, and all other cross functional teams to ensure the success of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Develop and maintain client relationships through fulfilment of Project Charter
- Understand and implement project scope, purchase order, and client specifications/requirements
- Weekly communication and maintenance of project schedule, status, and potential risks internally/externally
- Sizing and selection of system components
- Bill of Materials development
- Interacting with the Design team to produce all assembly and fabrication drawings
- Review and sign off of all drawings ensuring their accuracy and completeness
- Develop, issue, and implement change orders/schedule revisions for customer requested scope changes
- Liaise with shop staff to troubleshoot fabrication issues and ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Assist Service Department for unit commissioning support
- Successfully complete projects on budget and on time
- Manage multiple domestic and/or international projects
- Provide direction to Document Control to ensure final documentation meets client requirements
- Professionally and proactively manage project conflicts/road blocks/learnings as they arise
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technologist, and/or Project Management Certification (PMP) combined with oil & gas industry related experience
- P.Eng or working towards the designation an asset
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in gas compression or rotary equipment fabrication environment
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Hands on collaborative approach with design and fabrication
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) is required
- Excellent communication skills that promote long-term mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to positively influence, negotiate and manage conflict