Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Engineering and Projects, this position will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Sales and Applications teams, Project Execution team and Production Planning to develop and update slot plans, project schedules and production plans based on Sales opportunities and booked orders.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Create a master schedule that incorporates shop and engineering capacity, both current and forecast.
- Create and update project schedules for won orders.
- Maintain and update baselines incorporating approved change orders as they occur.
- Lead regularly scheduled meetings to review all schedules as required by the project and/or business.
- Identify schedule risk and work with the appropriate teams to recommend mitigation plans.
- Support the Sales and Applications teams with schedule dates and majors availability for proposals
- Make recommendations to the business for inventory purchases and headcount needs.
- Lead and continually improve the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process and associated meetings.
- Work closely with project management to ensure that contractual dates are adhered to and all internal deliverables are achieved on time per the schedule baseline.
- Work closely with production planning, procurement and production teams to ensure that all materials and production dates are adhered to as determined in the baselined schedule.
- Support the Business Intelligence and IT teams to develop a single web-based (Enterprise) schedule that communicates with the Navitas ERP system.
- Generate capacity plans and variance reports
- Bachelors degree from a 4 year accredited college or university
Required Experience and Skills
- 5+ years scheduling in a manufacturing setting
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project (Enterprise Version)
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experienced with Navitas ERP
- PMP Certification
- Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
- Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.