Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunities for individuals who enjoy a team oriented work environment.
Reporting to the Operations Manager Field Service Canada, this position will be based out of Grande Prairie and will assist the Operations Manager Field Service to support the Field Service Group. Duties will include business development, establishing and maintaining corporate policies and procedures, develop and maintain gross sales and gross profit margins, control costs, effectively manage and develop all personnel, drive and maintain customer service levels. Additional duties will include correct billing procedures, and implementation of best practices in sourcing alternatives, and maintenance of company standards.
Primary Duties and Expectations: will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible to oversee the day to day service operations of the Canadian branch locations in compliance with Compass policies and procedures.
- Manage and direct all aspects of the service branches in a manner that ensures maximum benefit to Compass
- Oversee activities within the service department to ensure cohesion between all other Compass divisions and to ensure that customer service standards are met or exceeded including travel to sites and liaising with customers as required.
- Plan, direct, and control all activities to meet or exceed margins and overall profitability
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Director of Service, work to develop and implement a business development plan for the service group.
- Train, mentor, coach and supervise all service department personnel
- Conduct staff meetings and training sessions to communicate company policies and objectives
- Assist in establishing and maintaining invoicing, payroll and billing procedures.
- Direct involvement in ensuring accounts receivable are kept current and up to date
- Oversee and make recommendations for improvements to the business systems, tools, machinery, and vehicles as required
- Lead, foster and support safety in all aspects of the daily business with support from the Safety Advisor
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Experienced in a Management role with a Gas Compression Field Service background is desirable.
- Understanding of basic accounting procedures and warranty administration
- Ability to analyze department workflow and processes with a view to improving quality, safety and productivity
- Able to oversee, monitor and manage financial decisions and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to direct, develop and execute department initiatives
- Computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Office, and Navision
- Interpersonal skills including human resources, collaboration with other business units, managing change, negotiation skills, customer service skills
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements