Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Retrofit Project Manager
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Full project flow and management as per Project Management processes, including but not limited to project initiation, kick off, execution, monitoring & controls, delivery and close
- Review and understand client specifications as related to projects, ensuring built projects are reflective of agreed deliverables
- Understand and implement project scope and client specifications
- Sizing and selection of system components
- Develop P&ID’s and Layout drawings with the Project Designer
- Review drawings ensuring their accuracy and completeness
- Develop of Bill of Materials
- Interact with the Project Designer to produce all assembly and fabrication drawings
- Issue change orders and revised schedule for customer requested scope changes
- Liaise with shop and field staff to ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Successfully complete projects on budget and on time
- Clearly communicate project deliverables (including tasks, deadlines, risks, etc.), ensuring adequate resources are assigned to deliverables and proactively identify and communicate potential roadblocks with various project personnel for resolution
- Job site visits as required for successful quote preparation and job execution
- Participate in training and educational programs as required for ongoing success of the position
- Develop and maintain department policies and procedures including Engineering/Design, Safety, HR, and QA/QC.
- Assist with mentoring new Project Managers as they join the Compass team
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- Registered EIT or PEng with APEGA is an asset
- 5+ years of gas compression industry experience
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Hands on collaborative approach with design and fabrication
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) is required
- Excellent communication skills that promote long-term mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to positively influence, negotiate and manage conflict
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.