Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Engineers to deliver technically compliant, high quality, complete packages to the shop for manufacture and to support the applications engineering, manufacturing, start-up and commissioning and warranty functions.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Engineer electrical distribution and controls systems for gas compression packages according to established Company engineering/design standards, industry standards and project specifications
- Manage multiple domestic and/or international projects
- Support the Sales and Applications teams in proposal creation
- Review vendor quotes and drawings (i.e. control panel, instrumentation, switchgear, MCC, VFDs etc.) for compliance to job specifications
- Prepare and review control system architecture and sequence of operations for PLC and DCS based control systems.
- Experience in conducting Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) for control systems.
- Participate in HAZOP reviews
- Produce and review IO lists, junction box drawings, instrumentation data sheets, cable schedules
- Participate in project schedule creation and report engineering updates
- Participate in project meetings, both internal and customer
- Sizing and selection of system components and Bill of Materials development
- Sizing and selection of cables and wiring, conduit, cable trays and cable busways
- Work closely with the engineering and design teams to produce all assembly and fabrication documentation and to ensure accuracy of scope
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop loading/unloading steps and sequencing
- Lead internal design reviews for accuracy and adherence to all applicable standards and specifications
- Identify any changes in scope and work with engineering, design, estimating and the Project Manager to create change orders
- Liaise with shop staff to troubleshoot fabrication issues and ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- The ability to troubleshoot control panels and programming
- The ability to upload/download control programs
- Accountability for adhering to the project budget for engineering hours
- Prioritizing project workload to ensure drawing dates are met
- Collaborate with Document Control and Project Manager to ensure final documentation meets client requirements
- Professionally and proactively manage project conflicts/road blocks/learnings as they arise
- Help to develop and maintain company engineering and design standards and associated documentation
- Lead and mentor team members
- Assist service team for unit commissioning and warranty support
- Assist in the evaluation of warranty claims
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Required Experience and Skills
- 5+ years engineering reciprocating natural gas compression packages and rotary screw compression packages.
- Proficient in Autocad and Vault
- Strong Electrical and Electronic Aptitude
- Hands on collaborative approach with design and fabrication
- Understanding of CSA, UL and ETL certification requirements, area classifications (e.g. NEC, IECEX, ATEX etc.)
- Familiar with networking and communications standards and protocols (e.g. Ethernet I/P, MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP/IP, DF1 (USB)
- Familiar with SCADA interface, Plant PAX library, DLR Topology
- Proficient with configuring and programming Centurion Plus, Dynamic Controls, Panelview and Allen Bradley PLCs
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems, power generation or offshore oil and gas
- Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
- Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.