Senior Parts Technician – Spruce Grove
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Compass requires a Senior Parts Technician…. Reporting to Shawn Witt, this position will be based out of the Spruce Grove location and will support the Northern Alberta Field Service Group. Working with the area supervisors and service technicians, you will help to source, ship, and receive parts in a timely and cost effective manner to help with the day to day operations. Additional duties will include the appropriate paperwork for correct billing procedures, assist in addressing supply chain issues, inventory, service and overhaul parts lists, and implementation of best practices in sourcing alternatives, and maintenance of company standards.
Will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents as necessary
- Track acknowledgement of vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of order.
- Liaise with Field Service Technicians and Area Supervisors to source and procure required parts and equipment for field jobs ad shop jobs.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions
- Track and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Negotiate and prepare documentation for material returns to vendor.
- Assist accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with development of the Purchasing and Inventory Management system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Parts Manager.
- Receiving and stocking inventory in the warehouse
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
- Schedule on call rotation for team members
- Share on call activities and provide additional support to staff after hours
- To create & maintain a positive working environment at all times
- Creating and closing of production work orders
- Constantly reviewing and looking after all team members needs
- Maintain a clean, organized, productive warehouse at all times
Education and Experience
- Journeyman Parts Technician Ticket
- 5 + years of experience in a gas compression field service company
- Experience and knowledge of Waukesha, Cat and Superior engines
- Knowledge of natural gas reciprocating and screw compressors
- Must have a creative mind set and able to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work long hours if needed
- Industry vendor portfolio and relationship a strong asset
- 5 + years of parts and inventory experience in an ERP environment
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Office, and Navision
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration with others, managing change, and negotiation skills
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Forklift Certified
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.